Trees are an essential part of our nature. Apart from providing oxygen to us, it provides us with fruits, medicines, timber, etc. To obtain anything from the trees, we need to cut them down. Many tools are used for cutting trees. But, the main tools that we use for cutting trees are the different types of saws.
Types of Saws for Cutting Trees – Trimming and Pruning
There are many different types of saws that can be used to cut down a tree or its branches. But, we are going to look out at the top five saws that are regularly used for cutting trees:
Pruning Saws for Tree Trimming and Pruning
It is a type of saw that consists of sharp teeth and are used for trimming shrubs and trees. Different types of pruning saws can be used, but knowing which one to use helps you in cutting and trimming the tree branches. If you are confused about which pruners to use, measure the thickness of the tree branches. For example, if the branch of the tree is less than 1.5 inches, use a hand pruner. Use a pruning limb saw for thick branches and shorter blades for trees in narrow areas.
- Pruning saws are easy to use as you can cut in perfect lengths. You can also make accurate cuts without any need for measurement.
- There is no necessity of learning any specific skills for handling a pruning saw. You just need to move your saw back and forth once you have set your alignment.
- This saw is applicable for removing any dead branches as well, which may cause damage in your area.
- Pruning saws may cause serious injuries when handled carelessly, as the blades are extremely sharp.
- These saws are only applicable for trees with shorter heights.
This saw is used for tree branches too high from the ground. It consists of a long handle that discards a ladder for climbing. You can choose different pole saws for cutting trees based on their thickness. Pole saws are specially designed to cut the tree branches that block power lines, roadways, and rooftops. Some pole saws have chains that can spin and move around more than 12 inches trees.
- Pole saws are lighter in weight, making them easier to handle. You can work for a more extended time without getting tired.
- These saw sis not expensive and can be purchased by anyone. Furthermore, you can use them for many years as they come with powerful motors and sharp blades.
- They come in flexible shapes and are removable. They come with removable poles and are not needed when working with higher branches.
- Most of the pole saws cannot cut down trees that are thicker than 9 inches.
- These saw types cannot trim thick tree branches.
This saw consists of thin blades lighter in weight. They look similar to pole saws but are shorter in length. It has a blade attached at one end and moves back and forth. They are usually used to cut branches that are within reach of us. The blades of the reciprocating saw are changeable. This saw can cut trees that are up to 12 inches in length. The trees in the backyard of the houses are ideal for this saw.
- Reciprocating saws are convenient for cutting the tree branches, regardless of how smooth or had they are.
- This saw is portable and easy to handle, whether it is corded or not corded. However, the non-corded saws are more movable since they do not need plugs.
- It is safer than most other saws since the blades are protected and shielded, and the wires are well insulated as well.
- This saw is slow when compared to other types of saws. The result of this slowness is that the blades take longer to spin around and take longer to cut the tree branches and logs.
- The motor of a reciprocating saw is smaller in size. The amount of pressure that it takes while cutting trees causes the engine to overheat within a short time.
This saw is a type of rope saw that consists of multiple teeth for rotating the chains of the saw. The chain of the saw moves along a guide bar for spinning the saw’s blades. A chainsaw is also ideal for pruning the branches and the trees that are of medium sizes. It is also beneficial when slicing any tree trunks and the felling of the trees.
- The chainsaw is very fast and more powerful than most saws. Moreover, it can cut tree branches and prunes in a matter of seconds.
- The saw is convenient as you can carry it anywhere. If you prefer not to use your hands while cutting trees, you can attach a strap to your chainsaw and fix it on your belt.
- Chainsaws are relatively simpler to use. By following proper guidelines and practice, you can learn how to use the saw.
- This saw requires maintenance to be done as soon as you finish working. It is done by checking the parts of the machine to ensure that you are safe enough to use it again.
- Safety is also a significant concern when using this saw. Any mistake or accident could lead to a severe injury. Taking precautions and proper handling can avoid these misfortunes.
Crosscut saw is longer than most other saws. It is designed so that it cuts in a perpendicular direction of the trees. This saw is essential for cutting the felled trees into smaller pieces. It can even cause the tallest trees to fall onto the ground after being cut. It is made of multiple teeth that allow it to grind the tree trunks into even pieces.
- Crosscut saws are more convenient to use since they do not need any gasoline or electricity. Thus, it saves money that would cost while using electricity.
- It is lighter in weight and easy to carry. They are also more flexible to use as you can use different sizes by replacing one after the other.
- They are less harmful to the environment as they do not generate any noise. Crosscut saws are safer to use than other saw types.
- The safety of handling should be kept in mind. Using the saw may lead to fatal injuries. Use proper guidelines and safety precautions on how to use the crosscut saw.
- It will take longer since the saw is used manually. The operator may get tired quickly and not finish the work on time.
There are different types of saws apart from the saws mentioned above. Some of the saws are usable for multiple purposes, while some may be used for one purpose. Choose the right kinds of saw according to the kind of trees that you are cutting. You can also keep a number of saws so that you can use them for pruning, trimming, felling and slicing the trees. You should also measure the thickness of the trees before cutting to get an idea of the saw that you need to use. Purchase the saw that you think will be worth buying so that you do not end up in buying the saw that you do not need.